Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
1. With regard to an OP position which one of the following statements is FALSE?
A 90% rotate to OA.
B All OP positions are deflexed to a degree.
C The anterior fontanelle is difficult to palpate.
D A persistent anterior lip is common.
E Back pain is a common feature of early labour.
2. With regard to retained placenta which one of the following is correct?
A It is defined as failure to deliver the placenta in less than 90 minutes.
B 50% of women with a history of retained placenta will have another retained placenta in a subsequent birth.
C If invasive it is associated with an increased risk of hysterectomy.
D Brandt manoeuvre is unlikely to deliver the placenta.
E High parity is not a risk factor.
3. With regard to ECV which one of the following statements is correct?
A It is a useful procedure in the second trimester.
B A woman with a history of a previous Caesarean Section can still have an ECV.
C A Fetal bradycardia during ECV is very rare.
D An ECV in early labour is contra indicated
E All of the above
4. With regard to magnesium sulphate which one of the following statements is TRUE?
A The loading dose is 4 gms over 15 minutes.
B The infusion rate if 1-2 gms per hour.
C The antidote is calcium gluconate.
D If the patient refits give an additional bolus of 2 gms of magnesium sulphate
E All of the above.
5. With regard to the laboratory diagnosis of HELLP syndrome which one of the following may be useful?
A The presence of haemolysis on a blood film.
B The presence of haemolysis on a blood film.
C Platelets of greater than 100.
E None of the above.
© 2006 Also UK. All rights reserved.