Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
1. The lie of the fetus can be?
2. With regard to cardiac arrest which one of the following is FALSE?
A Occurs in 1 in 30,000 pregnancies.
B About half of maternal deaths are due to potentially treatable causes.
C Cardiac output increases in pregnancy.
D Gastric emptying increases in the pregnancy.
E The uterus receives about a third of maternal cardiac output.
3. In acute fatty liver which one of the following is correct?
A It occurs in approximately 1 in 150 pregnancies.
B It always presents with jaundice.
C Vomiting is rare
D Maternal mortality in the past was as high as 92%
E All patients have hypertension, proteinuria and oedema.
4. In a placental abruption which one of the following statements is correct?
A 20% of abruptions have no visible bleeding.
B Bleeding into the endometrium can cause a couvelaire uterus.
C Abruption is usually painless.
D Ultrasound is the first line in diagnosis of a retroplacental clot.
E Fetal morbidity is rare.
5. With ruptured membranes which one of the following is correct?
A The pH of the vagina is approximately 4.5 to 6.00 in pregnancy.
B The pH of amniotic fluid is between 7.1 and 7.3 in pregnancy.
C Ferning on a glass slide suggests the presence of amniotic fluid.
D The Ferning test has been reported to be up to 100% accurate.
E All of the above.
© 2006 Also UK. All rights reserved.