Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
1. With regard to Twin pregnancy, which one of the following is FALSE?
A Morbidity and mortality is increased 2-5x compared with singleton pregnancies
B The incidence of placenta praevia is increased
C The incidence of PIH is increased
D Bed rest and tocolytics have been shown to be effective in preventing preterm labour.
E Bed rest and tocolytics have been shown to be effective in preventing preterm labour.
2. In a Twin delivery which one is the correct statement?
A PPH is relatively uncommon
B Locked twins are possible if the first twin is cephalic
C If appropriate ECV is possible on twin 2 following delivery of twin 1.
D Internal podalic version is a possible manoeuvre on twin 1.
E In theory there are 20 possible combinations of twin presentations
3. Shoulder Dystocia : which one of the following is correct ?
A Its defined as impaction of posterior shoulder against the pubic symphysis
B It is not associated with forceps
C Cord compression causes the pH to fall by 0.04 per minute
D Incidence is unrelated to Fetal weight
E Erbs palsy is always permanent.
4. With regard to the presentation of uterine rupture which one of the following is correct?
A Less than 5 % occur out of hospital.
B It can be associated with severe variable decelerations on the CTG.
C It can cause recession of the fetal head vaginally.
D It can be associated with hyperstimulation.
E All of the above.
5. With vasa praevia, which one of the following statements is correct?
A It is a common form of antenatal haemorrhage in pregnancy.
B It is associated with a succenturiate lobe.
C Fetal mortality rates are 100%
D An APT test is not helpful.
E A Wright test is not helpful.
© 2006 Also UK. All rights reserved.