Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
1. During the delivery of a fetus which one of the following is correct ?
A The head is born by flexion in a OP position.
B Forceps can be used on a face presentation.
C Forceps can be used during a breech delivery.
D Occasionally in an OP position the vertex can be on the perineum but the head is not engaged.
E All of the above.
2. With regard to the signs / symptoms of PPH which one of the following may be present?
A Maternal Tachycardia
B Narrow pulse pressure
D Low urine output
E All of the above
3. Shoulder Dystocia : which one of the following is correct ?
A Its defined as impaction of posterior shoulder against the pubic symphysis
B It is not associated with forceps
C Cord compression causes the pH to fall by 0.04 per minute
D Incidence is unrelated to Fetal weight
E Erbs palsy is always permanent.
4. With regard to outcome in Eclampsia which one of the following is correct?
A Maternal death in the developed world due to Eclampsia is 20%
B Abruption is a complication of Eclampsia and if it occurs may kill up to 45% of babies.
C The CTG always shows a bradycardia secondary to the magnesium sulphate bolus.
D All patients with severe unstable pre-Eclampsia must be transferred to a tertiary unit before delivery.
E The Fetal CTG may show a bradycardia secondary to spasm of the uterine vein.
5. In the presentation of DVT which one of the following is correct?
A Presentation in the right leg is more common.
B A Homans sign is a very reliable clinical sign for the diagnosis of DVT.
C A ileo-femoral DVT may present with lower abdominal pain.
D DVT is rare in the first trimester.
E It is rare in the ileo-femoral veins.
© 2006 Also UK. All rights reserved.