Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
1. With regard to a sinusoidal CTG trace which one of the following is correct?
A A sinusoidal pattern can be found on normal CTGs
B It can be associated with hydrops.
C It may represent a “terminal trace”
D It is a sine wave pattern with an amplitude of 10 beats per minute
E All of the above.
2. With regard to ECV which one of the following statements is correct?
A It is a useful procedure in the second trimester.
B A woman with a history of a previous Caesarean Section can still have an ECV.
C A Fetal bradycardia during ECV is very rare.
D An ECV in early labour is contra indicated
E All of the above
3. Concerning magnesium sulphate which one of the following is correct?
A The loading dose is 4 milligrams over 15 minutes.
B The infusion rate is 4 grams per hour.
C Magnesium is excreted by the liver.
D The therapeutic level is 15 mg/dl.
E The blood level of magnesium is dependent on the patient’s renal function.
4. With regard to the control of blood pressure in pregnancy which one of the following drugs may be used?
A Magnesium sulphate 4g IV
B Hydralazine 80 mg IV.
C Labetolol 20 mg IV.
D Nifedipine 10 mg IV.
E Calcium gluconate 10 mg IV.
5. With regard to the use of CTGs which one of the following is correct?
A CTG alone has reduced perinatal mortality.
B CTG and fetal scalp sampling have greatly reduced perinatal mortality.
C CTG has reduced caesarean section rates.
D CTG has reduced the incidence of neonatal seizures.
E CTG has reduced the rate of admission to Neonatal Units.
© 2006 Also UK. All rights reserved.