Please enter your name
Please enter your email address
1. With regard to Twin pregnancy, which one of the following is FALSE?
A Morbidity and mortality is increased 2-5x compared with singleton pregnancies
B The incidence of placenta praevia is increased
C The incidence of PIH is increased
D Bed rest and tocolytics have been shown to be effective in preventing preterm labour.
E Bed rest and tocolytics have been shown to be effective in preventing preterm labour.
2. Which one of the following clinical signs define severe pre-Eclampsia ?
A Blood pressure of greater than 90 mmHg diastolic.
B Urine output of greater than 500 mls in 24 hours.
C Pulmonary oedema.
D Platelets greater than 140 x 109/l.
E All of the above.
3. Concerning magnesium sulphate which one of the following is correct?
A The loading dose is 4 milligrams over 15 minutes.
B The infusion rate is 4 grams per hour.
C Magnesium is excreted by the liver.
D The therapeutic level is 15 mg/dl.
E The blood level of magnesium is dependent on the patientís renal function.
4. Hypertension caused by pregnancy. Which of the following is correct?
A It affects approximately 25% of pregnancies.
B It can occur before 20 weeks gestation.
C It may be associated with HELLP syndrome.
D If associated with proteinuria, it is called PIH.
E Hypertension in pregnancy does not last beyond 42 days postpartum.
5. With regard to investigations of acute fatty liver which one of the following results is correct?
A Low bilirubin.
B Low glucose.
C Normal coagulation
D Platelets less than 20
E Normal Liver function tests.
© 2006 Also UK. All rights reserved.